mthumbs is a WLX thumbnail plugin to preview most of various existing Videos, Audios, Images, Comics and Albums formats.
- Various extensions are supported: (changing and non exhaustive list)
3GP, ASF, AVI, FLV, GIF, JPS, M2TS, M4V, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPEG, MPG, OGM, PNS, RM, VOB, WEBM, WMV (Videos)
AAC, AIF, AIFF, APE, AU, AVR, CAF, FLAC, IT, M4A, MOD, MP3, MPC, OGG, OPUS, PAF, PVF, RAM, RF64, SF, VOC, W64, WAV, WMA (Audios)
ACR, ANI, B3D, BMP, CAM, CLP, CPT, CR2, CRW, CUR, DCM, DCX, DDS, DIB, DJVU, DXF, ECW, EMF, EPS, EXR, FIT, FPX, G3, GIF, HDP, ICL, ICO, IFF, IM1, IM24, IM32, IM8, IMA, IMG, IW44, J2K, JLS, JNG, JP2, JPC, JPE, JPEG, JPF, JPG, JPM, JXR, KDC, LBM, MNG, MOS, PBM, PCC, PCD, PCX, PGM, PNG, PNM, PPM, PS, PSD, PSP, RAS, RAW, RGB, RLE, RS, SFF, SFW, SGI, SID, SUN, TGA, TIF, TIFF, WBMP, WDP, WEBP, WMF, XBM, XCF, XPM (Images)
CBR, CBZ (Comics/Archives with shortest image path as output priority)
WAZ, RAR, ZIP (Albums/Archives with '*cover*', '*folder*' and '*preview*' output priority)
- 3D and VR support with overlay (will show an unique picture instead of left/right or top/bottom)
- Optional sharpening and jpeg picture quality to get better visualization from thumbnails.
- An ini file that will be found in the plugin's folder can allow extensions and settings changes, on the fly (ini file changes is checked by filedate everytime a thumbnail is requested from the main app)
- Since it rely to external tools like Ffmpeg or Irfanview, it does not require any installed codecs on the system to work, while allowing quick updates for supporting new formats.
- Optional ADS support: It can save cached thumbnails using the NTFS ADS system, which gives volatile support, allowing various thumbnail sizes at once (%file%:preview.jpg and %file%:cache.ini. Or for e.g. %file%:p224x176.jpg in case of multiple sizes enabled from settings).
- ADS is also allowing automatic refresh from a thumbnail only when necessary, e.g. if the related format setting from the ini file or the plugin was changed since the last time.
- Using the cm_ReloadSelThumbs on a thumbnail, allows rotating pictures on the fly, in case of an undesired picture is returned from a video (black or intro screen, ect...) If ADS is enabled, the lastest position will be remembered into the %file%:cache.ini file (when not matching the PercentPosition value)
- ADS save will be automatically canceled in case a file is from a read-only path. But if a file has simply a read-only attribute, ADS will work properly by restoring the RO attribute after saving the cached thumbnail.
- Can be also used through Symbolic links without problem.
- Some extra info like the video time in overlay is optional.
Read the readme.txt for more details.